Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Questions Answered

More questions, but this time they're from Ms. Brown's fourth block class.  I realize earlier I had said 3rd block was the best, but really we all know 4th block is the best.  Right Myra?
(actually, it's a tie between the two... they're both the best)
 
1. Do you floss your teeth with sticks?
 
I don't floss my teeth with sticks, I use poison ivy.  And when my teeth start to itch, I'll scratch them and my fingernails will do all the cleaning.

(Truth: I brought dental floss.)
 
2. How do you wash your clothes?
 
I mail my clothes to Ms. Brown and I make her do all of my laundry.
 
(Truth: I brought soap so I'll wash them by hand.  And if it's not so cold out that they'll freeze, I'll hang them to dry.)
 
3. How many break days are you going to take?
 
Since Matt's parents have been taking me out to eat (and his mom makes delicious desserts), I think I'm going to live in their basement until summer.
 
(Truth: I don't have any more break days planned for the trip.  There will be a lot of paddling days from here on out.  But if the weather is really bad or the river is too dangerous because of the wind then I'll take the day off.)
 
4. Are you being careful and safe?
 
In order to keep warm, I like to build fires in the canoe.

(Truth: I always wear my lifejacket when I'm in the canoe.  Nico always wears her lifejacket, too.  And before I cross the river, I make sure to look both ways.)
 
5. Do you see a lot of animals and people on the river?
 
I don't see that many fish so I've drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of the canoe to make it easier to see.
 
(Truth: I haven't seen as many animals as I'd like, but I have heard a lot.  Every night that I've camped on the river, I have heard either a barred owl or a great horned owl.  And sometimes you can hear coyotes howling.  As far as people, I haven't seen that many on the river.  I'm guessing it's too cold for water skiing.  But I have seen a few hunters.)
 
(Ms. Brown or anyone else: Follow the owl links to a website where you can hear what I've been hearing.)


6. Is it cold where you are?
 
Since I'm in Hawaii, it's been really nice.
 
(Truth: The high temperature on Thursday when I canoed to Muscatine was only 36 degrees.  Is that cold?)
 
 7. Are you a little crazy for doing this
 
No.

(Yes.)

2 comments:

  1. karl please start a collection of decoys as you go down the big river. I will give a .25 cents for every one you pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im pretty sure my fifth grade math class was the best! that was where we first met! :)

    ReplyDelete