Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day Ten/Day Eleven

After a wonderful evening at the Holiday Inn and a fantastic regional meet with the cross country team, Karl and Nico were back in the tent last night and out on the river today.  The weather has turned a bit, with a strong headwind and chillier temperatures throughout the day.  Keeping in mind that it is Sunday, Karl got a late start this morning.  He decided to make camp about five miles short of his final portage, just a stone's throw from Iowa.  Nico scooted off for a bit of a run and a dip once all rowing was done for the day, reappearing a few minutes later.  Nothing like the smell of wet dog to make you feel at home. 

Today's coordinates: 41 27.416n 90 26.885w 

2 comments:

  1. if it's any consolation, i smell like wet dog naturally. you can ask my wife. it takes a lot of hygene to keep me presentable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having so much fun reading about your adventure! I've also have been telling everyone about it, mainly because I think it's so awesome and maybe because I think it would be cool to attempt something major like it, although, you know me, I'd have to take like 17 people with me to keep me company and do it when it was warm out, and need more than peanut butter and honey...hmm...ha ha! Katie, Kendra, and Jamie all send their well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete