Monday, July 14, 2014

Team 242 Supper Clubs: Day Two

Tomah, Wisconsin to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.

98.7 miles.

Actual distance traveled by bicycle: 41.38 miles.

-----------

I know I typed yesterday that maybe it was because I've had a few years off of the bicycle, but I'm thinking, perhaps, just maybe maybe, possibly, or for any AP Stats students - probably - Kettle is still affecting me.  Five weeks ago I participated in and finished a 100 mile trail run (with 6 minutes to spare).  During those 29 hours and 54 minutes, I asked a lot out of my body and mind.  I have not returned to normal since.

So at mile 41.38, I called it a day and maybe a ride.  I'm going to give it a go in the morning, but who knows how the mind and body will respond.

At Kettle, somebody placed a sign along the course that said: "Pain is inevitable.  Suffering is optional."  I don't think I suffered during Kettle, but on today's shorter ride, I suffered and found myself unable to rid myself of it.

I'd write more because even with the drop it was a good day, but I'm going to bed.  Rest will help.  Yes?

-----------

A few pictures from today:





-----------

Also:

Yesterday I wrote that I like trains.

I also like bubbles.


Yes, they were in the trash, but the idea still brought happiness.

-----------

Track 11.  The Sundays - A Certain Someone.

If I could have anything in the world for free, I wouldn't share it with anyone else but me.  Except perhaps a certain someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment