Thursday, July 11, 2013

Iceland: Days 1 and 2

Cloudy over Hudson Bay.

Cloudy over Greenland.

Cloudy in Iceland. And windy. And rainy. And moderately cold (50 plus the wind). And beautiful.

No jetway into the terminal. Had to walk down steps outside and then make my way to the airport. Got a good taste of the cold windy (November?) rain.

Keflavik airport smells nice.

(apologies on photo quality... I can only attach photos taken from my iPod)

Initial views from the bus:



But then it started to 'clear up' as we approached Reykjavik:


There's a lot more (words not photos) but I need to sleep. Tomorrow I have a bus ride to the start of the race and I'll be camping there. Plus 2 more days of camping at the finish.

The race director just sent along this recent photo of the highest point on the course:

No comments:

Post a Comment