Saturday, June 23, 2012

Team 242: Day 0

The 10th Anniversary Team 242 bicycle ride starts tomorrow.

As a refresher or as something brand new, here are some shortcuts to find out more:

DBrowne's Biography.

Team 242 Website.

We have a Facebook page, too.  Team 242.  You can "like us."  And/or you can like us.

It's also my understanding that we're @team242 in the Twitter world.

I thought I was prepared to write more and eliminate the use of some of these shortcuts, but my emotions are getting in the way of words.  (I'm quite okay with it.)

I'm looking forward to the next eighteen days of riding for what are hopefully obvious reasons.  I'm with a lot of friends and there will be plenty of Uncle Alex moments (Kurt Vonnegut reference).  Yes, I'll find myself unstuck in time (Kurt Vonnegut reference, too (two)), but I won't let it distract me from the now.

The truth though... I'm happy I'm here.  I'm happy we're here.  I just kind of wish I could share it with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment